Rise, Sir Peter Wolfsbane, Knight of Narnia
Today was fantastic. I'm a bit exhausted, but I feel pretty damned accomplished. Wrote my music review assignment in the morning, although I'm sure that Heather's will kick my ass. Then rush rush rush, off to work, where I worked for the first time with Ewa, whose actually fairly sweet and nice and all. Though, Second Cup girls are off limits, not to mention she's really quite religious, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I've learned firsthand from this summer how much work that can really be, and I really don't need something like that right now. Anywhee, the afternoon went by quickly, did a goodly amount of wrapping, got to hang out with Dom (my boss) a good amt. Then I took Zack, (kid I babysit) to see Narnia, which was loved by both of us.... I forgot how good that story was. Ah, i want to reread all those books really soon :p but I know that time isn't my friend, so maybe they'll have to wait until summer... we'll see. I liked the Christological stuff in it too, explcit, but not immensely so. Though afterwards, Zack looks up at me and is all like "Is the Lion Hashem?" so of course I got to have a wonderful 20 minute conversation on the drive home about death, religion, God, life, the universe, etc... with a 7 year old. It was actually really refreshing and quite nice :) I miss being a kid, ah the time before hormones..... Actually, there was this adorable kid that came into the store monday night, and was fascinated by the deepness of the purple of the grape juice in those little see-through fairlee bottles. It was really beautiful actually, to just be that enraptured by a colour.... I mean, that's just how every aspect of life should be experienced. I guess if a sequel to "fear and trembling" were ever written, it would be entitled "fascination". Cheesy, I know, but true. Again though, Narnia was just so great. C.S. Lewis really picks up on sooo much (i maintain that the wardrobe is the Kierkegaardian leap, especially with having to close that door behind you. The week promises to be interesting, studying tomorrow = :(, but maybe breakfast at Ikea with my mom (though i doubt it), exams friday, saturday work, but then lunch with Alex :) maybe some shopping, dinner with Naike and then Nutcracker :D. I just love the idea of going to a ballet. Not to mention I went a lot when I was a kid so sentimental value is through the roof. I really do feel though as if i'm beginning to unwind a touch, maybe it's just me, maybe it's just the backswing of all that baking I did, but I just feel this total lack of stress, and I love it. That's just school related however. I still feel pulled in far too many directions, then again, that might just be human-related, as John M. so aptly put it, "Created strong enough to stand, but free enough to fall". Then again, Narnia really infused in me that purposeiveness of self that you can only really get from GOOD fantasy movies. It's not egotistical heroic identification, it's identifying with the heroism inherent in the human condition itself, I just wish that the way to use it would be more obvious to me at times.... Plus just the shivers you get down your spine from the importance of a named weapon, and all the ties it has (re:Beowulf, LOTR, etc...). Sorry about the lack of cohesiveness to this post, though I'm exhausted, so sleep is definitely on the menu and i'm having a large one, with a ceasar salad to start, and the... What's the soup of the day? oh right, cream of dreams (with a side of velveeta for the cheesyness), I"ll have that. Yes, bacon will be fine, ok, counter two, thank you. I never knew gemstones of beauty such as yourself worked in places such as these. Yup, come back later though, I can't talk now, bring your little brother with you. Side of pickllllllle....................................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (breath) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (breath) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Comments:
you had better be careful or there will be a large following of your blogs.
i never read the narnias. must do that sometime soon. yes, i know i am missing out.
how did tree trimming go? i love trimming the tree. Shanti sent me an awesome "real" eggnog recipe. from scratch. it looks good.
i am not taking lunch at work today. hmmm...i ate though. don't worry. carrots and claw chowder. seafoody goodness.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home