Illness, madness, academia and woo
Right. So i'm sick. It's not so bad, but still, it's my annual xmas flu which forces my body to rest. Our bodies are so intelligent it's scary sometimes. Hence the picture---->
In other news, classes are looking fun but intense. Still have a LOT of reading to do and the semester's just beginning. I'll manage somehow though, just need to have a huge crush. Speaking of that. I really think that it is one of a boyfriend/husband's sacred duties to make his lover feel like she's the most beautiful girl in the world. If not, then why is he with her? His mandate should be, among other things, to make herself see herself as he sees her. Relationships should not be seen as "another job". Being in a relationship IS a superior state of existence, and one day I will prove these propositions with true actions in my own life.
Insofar as sex is concernced, i was thinking a lot about this while in bed with a fever today. Yes, the meaningful can hide within the meaningless and often does. Yet sometimes, the "meaningless" can be just that.... especially if one makes their object the action of sex as opposed to the communion of selves that such an action is supposed to be used as a means to. Anyways, on another note, I do acknowledge where I'm standing and yes, it is in a shaded vale. Yet, from this forest, I can still know that although sex and a relationship and such should NOT and CANNOT be put on a pedestal without conceptually delimiting the other person into a 2-d vision of paradise, it still deserves a great deal of respect. There is a middle ground between sex as a simple physical act and as mystical communion.
I guess it's what the romantics would have called the sacredness of the everday... but even sex is not an everyday commonplace, its probably one of the most discussed things, like Plato says, erotic love "makes philosophers out of everyone". Not necessarily good ones, but it prompts you to it, since it's an impetus we all have to connect to something outside of and greater than ourselves.
right. rant done. for now.

2 Comments:
well i wish you well, espcially on the front of the great white whale.
it is a great white whale. Lisa is brilliant.
i am sorry you are sick at the beginning of the semester. they needed a volunteer to do the first presentation. you're not being there prevented me from volunteering. i probably will anyways.
i wonder if you work tomorrow? i should give you a call.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home