Kierky and Me
So. I realize it's been some time since I last posted, and for that i'm sorry. Life's just been busy.
My breakdown for the semester is as follows:
Modes Paper = Over 800 pages of Kierkegaard to read (before any research or argument is put together)
Renaissance paper = 1000 pages of Ariosto to read (again before any research)
there's more, but this isn't a whiny post.
Lately, life has been good, hope's been strange and flirty but never really manifest completely, though, that's ok in a way. A certain girl who drove me somewhat crazy this week has declined to answer my offer to take her out for coffee, which is understandable, since I didn't really know her. Not to mention, we wouldn't work anyways (i love justifying things to myself, hehehe).
Kierkegaard is incredible by the by. I read some more of Either/Or today and wow, just plain wow. His concept is absolutely genius, but I know that to really get to the bottom of his thought if ever I intend to, I'd literally have to read everything he wrote, under both strains of his authorship = good luck. Not to mention the fact that his journals are 26 VOLUMES and only fragments have been translated into English. Ah well, add Danish to the "to learn" list.
Booked flight to london this week. Pretty excited about that. I also changed my mind somewhat, instead of taking classes on Dante and Milton, i'm going to be taking classes on Dante and this other class which involves tracing Chivalric Myths from Post-Roman Britain all the way through 'till Hollywood today. Yes, I am excited :)
I should write more, but Pat will be here any minute. Hopefully more tomorrow or soon.
Arrivedervi

1 Comments:
Just make sure to put in some fun time in between all that reading time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home